To promote the sustainable management and conservation of global
marine ecosystems, develop aquaculture and mariculture
programs for the protection of the environment, and contribute to
rural communities through training and economic support.
Statement of Commitment
Aquaculture Development for the Environment is committed to:
• Implementing global conservation and sustainable management of
responsible local management of marine aquaculture
• Educating industry and community in harvest, husbandry, and best
handling practices of marine aquaculture systems.
responsible, sustainable and viable industry management
and markets for aquaculture products.
• Contributing to economic growth through sustainable development,
ecotourism, public awareness, and improved local stewardship of
• Developing programs that contribute to understanding global
warming issues through research and development of a more resilient
• Establishing and
maintaining reef restoration and rehabilitation
• Advancing and trading ideas and concepts with government,
community, and industry stakeholders.
To establish a reef restoration and research project in
Fiji that would train local villagers in the technique
to replant coral fragments taken from donor brood stock
and record the success of increased habitat in at least
45 different sites, at the rate of 15 villages per year,
producing 12,000 pieces of new coral in each site
annually by the year 2019.